Research and Instructional Consultant
This position is responsible for the administration, installation, and maintenance of the z/VM and Linux enterprise system. Moreover, this position has complete responsibility over all of the z/VM Linux virtual machines, which includes monitoring the guest operating systems and their subsystems to maintain a smooth and efficient environment for all types of users. This is accomplished by maintaining current systems software, installing, testing, customizing and debugging new software, monitoring and tuning system performance, resolving problems as they arise, evaluating and making system software improvements and providing instruction and training for all of the user community.
- Aid in the administration and maintenance of Unix System Services on z/OS.
- Installation and maintenance of several Linux virtual machines (CentOS, SuSE, etc) on VMware.
- Write custom scripts/websites in PHP, bash, and python.
- Config management with Chef.
- ETL design and Data Warehousing with the Pentaho suite.
- Manage Data Warehouse RDMS on PostgreSQL and DB2 LUW.
- Converted systems to open source with significant cost savings per fiscal year.
- University Technology Employee of the Month